Are you feeling a little overwhelmed by the news today?
I am trying to keep all this mounting pandemic in perspective. My plan is: be aware, get prepared, keep the immune systems strong and hand wash like there’s no tomorrow. Pair that with anxiety about the election primary and I could really use a cozy, comforting and immunity boosting bowl of curry.
👉ALOO BAINGAN curried eggplant and potatoes with butternut squash in a spicy curry with brown basmati rice and copious cilantro
🤘ALOO BAINGAN RECIPE
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
1. In a wok with 2tsp olive oil sauté 3 cloves chopped garlic, 2 T chopped ginger, 1 onion small diced and 1T fresh turmeric until fragrant and toasty about 5 mins
2. Add 5 diced potatoes and 1 diced eggplant and salt lightly cook for 5 mins until starting to brown.
3. Push to one side and add spices to toast: 2 tsp garam masala, 1T turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, and a few fresh grinds of a black pepper grinder. Cook two mins then distribute into the potatoes and eggplant
4. Add 2tsp tomato paste, 2 cups water and 1 cup diced butternut squash and bring to a boil. Cook on a mellow boil for about 15 mins until all is fork tender
5. Check for salt and serve with rice or bread and tons of cilantro
In the midst of all the medias torrential downpour today, at least I can celebrate Turmeric Tuesday. Enjoying this magical spice will be my anchor in the storm just like every Tuesday when me and Michelle @fuelyoursmile show up with new recipes to share.
Just remember, take it all with a grain of salt and breathe my friends😘This too shall pass.
• • • • • •