VEGAN ZUCCHINI NUT FREE “RICOTTA” ROLL UPS by @alexafuelednaturally 💚
Follow us @theveganstips for more vegan recipe 💚🌱
32 ounces marinara sauce
1 (14 ounces) container firm tofu
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Fresh basil to garnish
1. Remove tofu from package and wrap tofu block in 2 paper towels. Squeeze for 10 seconds then break apart tofu into your food processor. To the food processor add salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Pulse 6-10 times until you reach the consistency of ricotta cheese. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1⁄8” thick strips, I used a vegetable peeler!
3. Spread marinara sauce sauce onto the bottom of a oven-proof skillet; set aside.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly along each zucchini slice. Roll up and place in the prepared skillet; repeat with remaining zucchini slices and filling.
5. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lasagna rolls are heated through and the cheese is beginning to brown.
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with ground pepper and fresh basil. Enjoy!!
• • • • • •