Three Sisters Polenta Pie! Including squash roses, and green bean leaves. 💛
• • • • • •
Stunning work by @thepunnyvegetarian! Check out her recipe below:
◽1 cup cornmeal
◽4 cups veg stock
◽1/3 cup nutritional yeast
◽1 green zucchini
◽1 yellow zucchini
◽1 butternut squash
◽1 lb green beans
◽2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the veg stock to a boil and whisk in the cornmeal and nutritional yeast. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring continuously to avoid clumps. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Use a mandolin to slice half the green zucchini, half the yellow zucchini, and a quarter of the butternut squash into thin ribbons.
3. Grease a tart pan and pour the polenta in, stopping at least 1 cm short of the top of the tart pan.
4. Twirl the squash ribbons into roses, pressing them into the polenta so they maintain their shape
5. Cut off the end of the green beans and trim them into 2.5 inch long pieces. Place them vertically between the squash roses.
6. Drizzle with olive oil, then cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375°F for 30 – 40 minutes depending on how solid you like your polenta.
Serve with a chickpea salad, veggie burger, or it can even be enjoyed on its own! 😋
For other tasty recipes: Follow @theveganstips 🌱