Veganuary Day 20: CREAMY LEMON CHICKPEA ORZO SOUP 🍋 another super easy recipe that’s perfect for warming you up on snowy day like today!
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 sweet onion, diced
– 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced or shredded
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 8 cups of water
– 3 tbsps of @betterthanbouillon no chicken base
– 1 cup of @delallofoods whole wheat orzo
– 2 cans (15oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– juice from 1–3 lemons, taste and adjust to your preference (I used 2)
– 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
– 1/2 cup of @nutpods original oat creamer, optional (can leave out for a thinner soup, just as delicious!)
– 1/4 cup cornstarch, optional (can leave out for a thinner soup, just as delicious!)
– 1 cup grated @violife_foods parmesan cheese
– 2 handfuls of spinach
– 1/4 cup chopped dill or parsley
– salt and pepper to taste
– in large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and carrots. Sauté until tender then add garlic and sauté for another minute.
– add water and the no chicken base, mix to combine and bring to light simmer. Add in chickpeas, orzo, and Italian seasonin and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until orzo is tender.
– in a small sauce pan, over medium quickly whisk together creamer and cornstarch until smooth.* this optional, feel free to skip for a thinner soup!
– stir in the creamer/cornstarch mixture and parmesan cheese into the large soup pot. Mix until blended well and cheese is melted.
– remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, spinach, salt and pepper. Let sit until spinach is wilted.
– serve immediately, topping with fresh parsley or dill and oyster crackers. ENJOY 🤤
• • • • • •