STUFFED PEPPERS 🫑 these are jammed packed and filled with so much flavor 🤤
• • • • • •
– 6-8 large bell peppers (any color), top cut off and seeds removed
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– 1 medium yellow onion, diced
– 4 cloves garlic, mined
– 1 can of pinto beans
– 12 oz of mushrooms, siced
– 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
– 5 oz of spinach
– 1 can (14oz.) @tuttorossotomatoes tomato sauce
– 1.5 cup of @lundbergfarms royal rice blend
– salt & pepper, to taste
– 2 tsp of Italian seasonin
– 1 cup of @violife_foods mozzarella shreds
– preheat oven to 350°F. Cut the tops off and remove seeds from each bell pepper. Place cut side up in a baking dish.
– cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
– in a large pan, add oil and mushrooms, sauté over medium high heat. When mushrooms are half way done, push them over and add the onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
– add pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted.
– add rice and mozzarella to cooked veggies and mix to combine. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
– scoop the mixture into each bell pepper until filled to the top. Cover the baking dish with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, until peppers are a bit soft.
– serve as is or too with a sprinkling of more mozzarella cheese. ENJOY 😍