MAC AND CHEESE BITES 🧀 the perfect appetizer for a any occasion 🤤
• • • • • •
– 4 cups of Mac and cheese (homemade or store bought – if doing store bought, add some salt pepper garlic powder etc to enhance the flavor)
– 1 cups of panko breadcumbs, more if needed
– 1/2 tsp of salt
– 1/2 tsp of pepper
– 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
– 1 cup of all purpose flour, more if needed
– 1 cup of non-dairy milk, more if needed
– vegetable oil, for frying
– @raoshomemade marinara sauce, for dipping
– chill the cooked macaroni and cheese until firm enough to roll and it doesn’t fall apart (about 2 hours – I put mine in the freezer)
– in three separate bowls: add flour to one,
milk to the second, and bread crumbs + seasonings to the third.
– scoop a tbsp or more of the Mac and cheese and roll into a tight ball. Dip the ball in flour, then milk, then the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all the Mac and cheese is rolled and coated.
– in a large, straight sided pan, heat 2 inches of oil to 350°F. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can sprinkle in a few breadcumbs. If they sizzle immediately the oil is ready).
– add the balls to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes each. Transfer fried balls to a paper towel lined plate and repeat until all are fried.
– serve the Mac and cheese balls with marinara and ENJOY 🤤🤤