London, United Kingdom
Clumsy Cornflake Crusted Cajun burgers ( Cauliflower and silken tofu)
Tastiest burgers ever if I may say so myself!
Silken tofu: 1 block smashed
Cauliflower: ½ head grated
Capsicum: 1 finely chopped
Parsley: ½ C finely chopped
Nutritional yeast: ½ C
Flour: 1 T
Cornflakes: ½ C roughly crushed
Cajun spice: 2 T
Smoked salt: 2 t
Cornflakes: 1 C roughly crushed
Smoked salt: 1 t
Olive oil for shallow frying
1) Mix all the listed ingredients in a bowl to make burgers.
2) In a separate bowl mix the coating ingredients
3) Make a golf sized ball with the burger mix. Roll in the coating mixture and flatten into burgers. The mixture should make 8-9 burgers.
4) Refrigerate burgers for 1 hr to firm up.
5) Shallow fry in hot olive oil on medium heat, alternately you can brown the outsides in olive oil and finish cooking in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes.
• • • • • •