If you’ve tried my Thai inspired Noodle Curry, you’ll love this Tofu & Peppers Red Curry 🌿🍃 It’s so flavorful with ginger, lemon and delicious vegetables with a slightly spicy thai red curry broth. 🌿🍃💛💖
This is one of my go-to meals (or a variation of this with different veggies and/or beans) when I want to feel like I’m having a decadent restaurant dish. Yet it’s so easy to make at home, and so yummy! 🎊👏😋
3 tsp oil (divided)
1 16 oz. package super firm tofu cut into 2 cm cubes (or similar amount extra firm tofu, pressed with kitchen towel to remove water)
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
2 bell peppers, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp red curry paste
1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 15 oz. can coconut milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp sambal oelek
Juice of 1 lime or lemon
Fresh basil (optional)
1. In large pan, add 1 tsp of the oil and the tofu cubes. Season with some garlic powder and salt.
2. Cook until browned on a few sides as desired (the longer cooked, firmer tofu will be). Remove from pan.
3. Back in pan, add 2 tsp oil, carrots, onions. Cook for 5 min, stir occasionally.
4. Add cabbage and bell peppers, cook another 5 min, stir occasionally.
5. Add garlic, red curry paste, ginger paste. Stir, cook 1 min.
6. Add coconut milk, garlic powder, sambal oelek, and tofu cubes. Stir, cook at gentle simmer for 5 min.
7. Stir in juice of lime or lemon and serve with more sambal oelek and fresh basil.
• • • • • •