Gnocchi in Creamy Saffron and Grilled Pepper Sauce! Everything is topped with Pistachios, Aleppo Pepper, and Parsley. 🧡
This incredible dish was created by Seyran from @legallyplantbased!
Follow @theveganstips for more delicious vegan recipes!💚
Check out her delicious recipe below:
RECIPE (3-4 servings)
500 g gnocchi
200 ml oat based cooking cream, room tempered
0,25 g / 1/8 tsp ground saffron threads
1 clove of garlic
2 roasted red peppers (jarred)
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper (or chili flakes) + more to top with
1 tbsp nutritioal yeast
salt to taste
2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
small bunch parsley
– mix saffron with the cooking cream in a small bowl and set aside for ~20 minutes.
– heat olive oil in a pan and add the whole garlic clove and the zucchini, fry on medium heat until they have browned a little.
– mix roasted peppers to a smooth puré in blender and add to the pan along with the saffron oat cream mixture, nutritional yeast, Aleppo pepper and salt. Mix well and let simmer on low heat for ~5 minutes.
– cook gnocchi in lots of salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until they float to the top. Reserve 100 ml of the cooking water.
– Add gnocchi to the pan and mix well with the sauce for 30 seconds then remove from heat, add some some the cooking water if the sauce is to thick.
– Top gnocchi with fresh parsley, pistachios & Aleppo pepper before serving.
• • • • • •