Follow us @theveganstips
• • • • • •
Stuffed mini sweet pepper😋 is a quick and delicious dish for lunch or dinner. I made these using the same method as my stuffed veggies (Yong Taufu🤩) & you can use an assortment of peppers such as jalapeños & bell peppers. The filling goes well with mushrooms, long beans & eggplant too. Check the recipe below on how I prep the filling & make some soon😁. Have a lovely day, friends. Best, WoonHeng❤️
Recipe (serves 2)
– 16oz [454g] mini sweet peppers, washed & halved
– 7oz [200g] firm tofu, drained & pressed
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 small carrot, finely shredded
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– white pepper to taste
– corn starch or tapioca starch for dusting
– oil for cooking
1. To prepare the mini sweet peppers, wash, cut them into halves & remove the seeds. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. For the tofu, place pressed tofu in a food processor/blender and process until you get a smooth texture, then set aside.
3. In a heated non-stick pan with a teaspoon of oil, saute garlic until aromatic, then add carrot & continue to cook for another minute or so. Remove them from the pan & add to a mixing bowl along with tofu mixture. Mix with a spatula until well combined, then season with salt & white pepper.
4. Coat the inside of the peppers generously with corn starch & shake off excess. Take a spoonful of tofu filling & stuff into the pepper, then dab some cornstarch on the filling (optional step). Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
5. To cook the peppers, heat a non-stick pan with oil, place pepper with tofu filling side down. Pan-fry over low-medium heat until golden brown. Flip & cook the pepper for another minute or so.
6. Serve warm as-is or with a sweet chili dipping sauce.